Many locals in Dubai are interested in learning how to obtain an electric scooter license now that it has recently been implemented. Residents are eligible to apply for and receive a free e-scooter license and also get a safety handbook.
Are you worried about how to obtain an electric scooter license in Dubai? Don’t worry; we’re here to talk about everything from technical details to RTA-approved driving zones.
You can operate them in the UAE if you have the necessary information. Through an online portal, the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai is providing free e-scooter riding licences to the general public.
Steps on how to obtain an electric scooter license in Dubai:
We are aware that RTA values its citizens, which is why they produced a thorough user guide for e-scooters along with specific instructions on where they are permitted to go and how to interpret traffic signs and road markings. Additionally, they have included all the crucial details required to understand how to obtain an electric scooter license in Dubai. Visit the RTA’s official website by clicking this link to submit an application for a permit:
- Visit the RTA website, choose from the options there, and then click the proceed button.
- How to get a license for an electric scooter in Dubai
- Type in your ID number and expiration date.
- For verification, enter your cellphone number and the opt-code you received.
- Verify the information you filled out.
- Accept the terms and conditions, then press “submit.”
- Choose an e-scooter license and take the e-scooter theory test.
- To pass the test, you must be familiar with all the fundamental concepts. If not, you can take classes or conduct a YouTube search.
- The permit will be quickly issued when you have given all the information and followed the step-by-step instructions, and you may download it without difficulty.
Rules and Requirements for Obtaining an E-Scooter Permit:
The following requirements must be met by the applicant in order to be granted an E-scooter permit:
- Minimum 16 years of age or older.
- Always wear a good quality helmet, reflective jacket, and appropriate shoes.
- Using mobile or headphones is prohibited while riding on an e-scooter.
- Abide by all instructions, guidance, and warning signs.
- Complying with all traffic rules e.g., stop, give way signs, traffic light signals, and road markings.
- Park at only e-scooter designated places.
- Dismount while using pedestrian crossings.
- Do not take any passengers, always ride alone.
- You should not carry anything with you on the handle that may cause an imbalance in the proper handling of the e-scooter.
Features of e-scooter:
Use only electric scooters that adhere to the quality and standards endorsed by the RTA. The specs for each model are provided for your information only. These features should be present in an e-scooter:
- The electric scooter ought to be produced to accommodate the local climate.
- The electric scooter needs to precisely match the requirements laid down by the relevant authority.
- Check that the bell/horn is working properly.
- Front and back lamp working.
- The maximum speed limit of the electric scooter is set at 20 km/h.
- The tires should be in good condition.
- Brakes on the front and rear wheels should work properly.
- E-scooter Riding Areas:
- Only use the paths that are approved in districts and areas.
- Ride the electric scooters only on the RTA-designated bike lanes.
- It is strictly forbidden and illegal to ride an e-scooter on any road. It is required to ride only on the RTA-designated safe roadways. These are designated roads with a 30 km/h speed limit, clear red lines at the beginning of the road, signs, and ground markings.
E-scooter Routes and Permitted Areas:
The designated bicycle lanes in the following ten Dubai districts were the only places where electric scooters may actually be used:
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers
- Dubai Internet City
- Al Rigga
- December 2 Street
- Palm Jumeirah
- City Walk
- Safe roads at Al Qusais
- Al Mankhool
- Al Karama
All bicycle and scooter lanes in Dubai are also open to it, with the exception of the ones in Saih Assalam, Al Qudra, and Meydan. It’s critical to periodically review the map because the permissible lanes are always changing.
All right, devoted readers. How to obtain an electric scooter license in Dubai has been described. You can reach the appropriate authorities through their established means if you have any questions.